Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kitchen Renovation Part 2

Even though Justin said he wanted to wait a while before starting the second phase of our kitchen renovation, I knew it wouldn't take long before he would start itching for a weekend project. Since the baby's nursery wasn't enough to keep him busy, Justin has spent the past three weekends working endlessly on our kitchen.


He started out by removing the old kitchen counter top.


With his little boy growing inside of me, Justin wouldn't let me lift a finger to help...not that I'm complaining. He wrestled that counter top out in one piece all by himself.


He raised the cabinet above the stove to make room for our new microwave/range hood. I LOVE our new appliances.


We decided to go with granite tile counter tops. This demanded lots of cuts and precise measuring. He looks like a pro, doesn't he?


Here he is grouting the tile.



With the granite tile we had left over, we were able to take it back and exchange it for tile to use as a back splash. I thought we would have to wait a while on that but we got lucky with the exchange.


Poor baby...Justin looks like he has just crawled out of bed. At this point, I'm sure he's just ready to finish up so he can get a home cooked meal.



All his hard work sure paid off. I couldn't be happier with the results!

My mother-in-law gave us the butcher block island. It gives me so much more space to work with. I love it! Thanks Mrs. Marilyn!!



Just look at that granite shine!

I am so glad it's all behind us now and we can enjoy our new upgrades. If you ever feel like making a 500 mile drive, feel free to come on down and see it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ANGIE!!!!! Your kitchen looks soo FABULOUS!!! I LOVE it! Justin is so cool too! That stove is soo fancy! I cant wait to eat some muffins in your new kitchen next month.....there will be muffins, right? and I have told you before just how faboo i think that nursery is! Im so excited for you!!