Monday, January 18, 2010

Just Really Missing Him

I've known Justin's busy time of year was coming. We've been bracing ourselves for all the time away from home and traveling he'd be doing. I've been preparing myself to suck it up and take on all the responsibilities at home like a big girl.
Well, it's the third week in January and I'm over this already! It's not just the extra help with Garrett and chores around the house that I miss. I just really miss my husband and my friend!
I'd love to throw a fit, cry, and stomp my feet for this to end and Justin just come home to me. The problem is, I already did that...that's why Justin has this job and we're back home in NC.
So, suck it up I must. This is just a chapter of our life. One of the not so interesting chapters. The kind you want to just skim through and flip on over to where the story gets real good.
Like this:
Angie awoke, feeling completely refreshed with no signs of morning sickness. She found Garrett in the living room, picking up his toys and folding a pile of laundry that was left on the couch. Then, there was a knock at the door. It was Justin. He was home early! Angie opened the door to see her lover standing there with his gorgeous grin, a box of Whitman Sampler chocolates in one hand and a winning lottery ticket in the other...
Counting down the seconds till you return. Love you Justin!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I feel so SORRY for you! I don't know how you do it, but like you said right now it's just something you have to "get" through the best you can! Hopefully, he will get a break soon and be able to stay home for a week or maybe two! I know you are so beyond ready for this to happen! I hope the week FLIES by for you!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it, girlie! It just makes those moments spent together that much sweeter. Wouldn't it be nice if we could teach our toddlers how to fold laundry. Man, that's a GOOOOOD dream! Hang in there, honey! :)

Mindy said...

I DO love the picture...its super sweet! I know it sucks. I will say this....Im so glad youre home! I know you are too!