Thursday, May 27, 2010

Harrison Home Improvement: Front Entryway

When our realtor walked us through our new house last year, I loved most everything about it...everything but the front entryway. It's always seemed uninviting and just plain ugly to me.

Boring. Yuck. Yawn.

So, we decided to spruce it up a bit. Justin kicked things off by installing a new glass storm door. I love being able to open my front door now and let some afternoon sunlight in.

Then we thought we'd put his tile saw to good use and tile over that ugly concrete. He couldn't have done it without Garrett's help, that's for sure.

I'm so happy with the results! The slate tile adds a little color and the entryway doesn't seem so blah to me anymore.

Before/After

Whatcha think?

6 comments:

Heather said...

I think it looks great!!! I'm so jealous of all of your talents!!! :)

Jo Heltsley said...

It looks amazing! Good job, Angie...even though Justin did all the manual labor :o)

Hailey said...

love it!

Jamie said...

I'm super jealous! All we can do around here is change light bulbs! I think it looks great! You would think a professional did it all...oh he did!

Field of Dreams said...

Looks wonderful!!!

lauravandiford said...

LOVE it! It looks great! Just in time for all the "bringing home baby" pics!