Monday, June 6, 2011

10 Months

My Laina Lee is 10 months old today. We've hit so many milestones this past month!




Alaina has mastered crawling and is now pulling up on whatever she can get those little hands on. Her first few teeth have FINALLY come through. Two on the bottom and I just noticed yesterday that she has one breaking through on the top also.




She loves to eat table food and seems to be just about done with baby food. I still nurse her and probably will for the next 15 years. Ha! I've attempted weaning her by offering milk/formula but she's not interested in that one bit. I wouldn't trade this bonding experience for anything BUT y'all this mama is tired. I'm sure I'll cry once it's all over. I try to remind myself there will be a day when she'll slam her bedroom door in my face and tell me to leave her alone. I do love it that she wants and needs me so much right now.




Alaina goes to bed in her crib with no problem but she just doesn't like to stay there all night. I've spoiled her big time by putting her in the bed with me in the middle of the night. She expects this now and will throw a fit if she wakes up and doesn't get to snuggle with her mama. It's my own fault and I know what I have to do to fix it. I just hope I can put forth the energy it'll require. Most nights I'm just too tired to care. Garrett was the same way at this age and now sleeps so well. I'm hoping she does the same.

She's rotten I tell ya!


I can't believe her birthday is only 2 months away. Aunt MiMi and I are already throwing around party ideas. This little girl has been such a joy and blessing to me. I am so grateful and honored to be her mommy.




P.S. On a different note...BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!

I'm going to be an AUNT!

My brother TJ and sister-in-law Brandi are expecting their first child early next year. We are all so excited!!

1 comment:

erika said...

I happened to stumble on your blog tonight, and just wanted to say I think your daughter is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! :) What a sweetheart.