Thursday, February 18, 2010

Butterflies In My Belly

After a few days of scratching my head and wondering "Could it really be?", I'm totally convinced I feel baby #2 moving around in here! Every now and then, I feel these tiny little flutters and thumps that will stop me dead in my tracks hoping so badly to feel it again. It's by far my favorite part of pregnancy.

I first felt Garrett moving around week 18. I've read it's not uncommon to feel the second baby move sooner.

It's also not uncommon to look like you are 25 weeks pregnant when you are actually only 16 weeks pregnant the second time around. At least that's what I'm telling myself. I lost 6 lbs in the first few months of this pregnancy due to all the nausea and vomiting. At my last check up, I was shocked to see that I've only gained 4 of the 6 lbs back so far. My belly seems so big...along with my appetite.

I am feeling SO much better these days. I am only taking half of a Zofran a day.

Garrett either thinks the baby is in my belly button or IS my belly button. Either way it's the cutest thing when he sees my belly, spits out his paci, and kisses my belly button. I hope I can get it on camera!

Right now I'm counting down the days til the ultrasound. I am dying to know the gender so I can get started on the nursery.

Only 3 more weeks!

3 comments:

lauravandiford said...

You look beautiful! I can't wait to find out if Garrett will have a little brother or sister! YEH! :)

Jamie said...

Awww that's the cutest little bump I ever have seen!! The countdown is on!!!

The Russell Family said...

Can't wait to find out what the new baby is! Hope yall are doing well! Glad your feeling better!