Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Welcome to Garrett's Room!

After months of hard work, the nursery is now complete. My heart swells and my arms ache to hold our baby every time I walk into his room. From the moment I found out we were expecting a boy, I knew I wanted his room to reflect his daddy's love for the Carolina Tarheels. Me, being the southern girl that I am, made sure to add his monogrammed name and initials to every square inch of the room...Garrett Mitchell Harrison.

I covered his lampshade with the same material as the pillow Grandma LaVerne and Aunt Mindy made for him.

On the seconds shelf, there is a shadow box that contains sand dollars and sea shells Justin and I found last summer at the beach.


The picture hanging on the wall above the crib once hung in Aunt Sierra's room. It's a picture of a teddy bear sleeping in bed with his toys.

Justin always refers to Garrett as "Big G" so I had it embroidered on this itty bitty pillow I made for him.


How cute is this crib mobile?!?! Come on ya'll, it's little Tarheel rams!


The blanket on the toy chest was made by Justin's Grandma Harrison. It was given to us right after she passed away, before we were even married. How perfect are the colors. I love it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Picture of teddy bears on the wall also hung in Justin's cousin Robby's room as a baby and was passed down to Marilyn when she was preparing Sierra's nursery.

Love~Great Aunt Barbara