Monday, August 25, 2008

Cute Little Belly Button

We've been patiently waiting for Garrett's umbilical cord stump to fall off. His pediatrician said it should only take about 3 weeks to dry out and separate. Well, 3 weeks passed and it was still holding on.

Then 4 weeks came and went and it wasn't budging.

After 5 weeks passed, I was beginning to think he would start school with it still attached to him!Then finally this past Friday morning when I changed his diaper, looking back at me was the cutest belly button in the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! It finally fell off and before he turned 5, how about that! :)

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

Aw, look at that belly button, it is adorable!

I remember when Braden's stump finally fell off and I was sooo excited and mesmerized by his perfect pink B-Button. :-)

(As for the stump - I call it "Baby Jerky" and I still have it, is that gross? LOL)