Monday, August 18, 2008

Meeting Grandma Marilyn and Aunt Sierra

This past weekend, Justin's mom and sister flew down for a visit to meet Garrett. I loved having all the extra hands around to hold the baby and give me a chance to catch a few Zs. Mrs. Marilyn also introduced me to my new favorite meal (pepper steak) by by cooking dinner for us Saturday night. I hated for them to leave and I'm sure Garrett did too.

I was able to hand him over each morning to his Grandma and hop back in the bed for a little more sleep before his next feeding. She had all these tricks up her sleeve to get Garrett fall fast asleep....PLEASE COME BACK!!!
My baby boy is now 1-month-old. It feels like only yesterday...

Aunt Sierra loved holding a sleeping Garrett. He wasn't as much fun when he started wiggling and squirming around.

While in Georgia, Mrs. Marilyn and Sierra wanted to visit the aquarium. Garrett loved all the fish. He actually snoozed the whole time tucked away in his stroller.




With all the fun and excitement the aquarium had to offer, this was definitely the highlight of Mrs. Marilyn and Sierra's trip. On his first trip to the mall (before we could even walk in the door) Garrett decided to break his mommy in with an explosive messy diaper. It took 4 people to clean up that mess!

( I am sure he will love it one day when he finds out I posted this picture online for all of his family to see)

2 comments:

The Hylands said...

Mr. Poopypants! I'm sure it won't be the last one.

Anonymous said...

Haha! That sure was a messy one! I bet he felt 10 times better after that! :)