Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Night With Sweet Cheeks

As much as we enjoy going out to eat with Corey and Jamie, the last time we all went out together we realized it was way more work than it was fun. We are so busy tending to our children, we find ourselves rushing and hurrying through the meal so we can just get our babies back home. For months now we've talked about how we should take turns keeping each other's kid so we could have a date night with our spouse every once and a while. Finally instead of just talking the talk, we actually did it. I told Jamie and Corey to pick a night this weekend to go out and Justin and I would keep Hayden for them.
Hayden is such a sweety pie. When she was first born, she looked exactly like Jamie. Then one day she morphed into Corey Harrison wrapped in these big, juicy, irresistible, squishy cheeks. Justin and I both loved squeezing on her last night. The only person who wasn't thrilled about Hayden's visit was Garrett. It's not that he doesn't love his cousin, he just didn't like watching his mama hug and love on another baby. He was very jealous. I told Justin, if we are ever going to have another baby, we need to keep her more often so Garrett can get use to it.
Hayden was no trouble at all. Her demands are simple...hold me, feed me, and get out of my way so I can see the TV.
We had lots of fun.
Hayden and I watched Garrett play outside for a bit.
Then Uncle Justin held Hayden so she could watch football.
My baby never would eat baby food for me. I couldn't get the spoon to Hayden's mouth fast enough! She's telling Uncle Justin all about her good meal.

If this doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will.



3 comments:

lauravandiford said...

She is ADORABLE!

Jamie said...

Thank yall so much for keeping her. Corey and I had a great date night! Just remember it is your turn next so let us know when you and Justin are ready for a kid free night!!

Ashley Sutton said...

That was too cute.....She is so precious. I wish we lived closer and Bella could come babysit, how cute would that be?