Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Believe it or not, I've never carved a pumpkin. I'm sure my parents carved pumpkins with us kids growing up but I can't remember ever doing it on my own. Garrett and I thought his pumpkin needed a little personality so we decided to give it a shot.
I drew on the face and Garrett scooped out the seeds. Well, he "helped" me scoop out the seeds.
I tried getting him to stick his hand down in there to pull all that stringy mush and seeds out. HE DID NOT LIKE THAT STUFF ON HIS HANDS!
Garrett loved "talking" to his pumpkin once he was completed and all lit up.
I had so much fun doing this with my boy. I think we'll have to make it a tradition.
Garrett-O-Lantern 2009

2 comments:

Mindy said...

your jack-o-lanterns face was perfect! Such a cute post! (is that what theyre called?) anyways, loved it!

Jamie said...

It was PERFECT! I love that smile on Garrett's face!