Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Her Name

I like names with meaning, family names especially. When we found out that we're having a baby girl, Justin asked me to come up with a list of five names. He's nice like that, leaving the hard part up to me. So, I got to work. I had a few names already in mind but was having a difficult time coming up with any more that I could actually consider using. I think I knew deep down her name was already decided. It was the name I kept coming back to over and over again. It's so sweet, pure and innocent sounding to me. When I was a little girl, this was the name I liked to always pretend my daughter's name was. I named one of my favorite baby dolls this name too. The middle name needed no consideration. I knew I wanted it to be special. I wanted it to stand for something I love very much. The name we have chosen for our daughter is:

Alaina Lee Harrison

"Lee" is in honor of my best friend and sister, Mindy Lee. Precious, attractive and peaceful are a few meanings I've found for the name "Alaina".

I love having a name for her. This isn't just a baby I'm pregnant with anymore and it's not just my baby girl either. It's Alaina Lee Harrison, my second child, my daughter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the name! Thank you for choosing something original :) Sweet name for a sweet baby girl!

Hailey said...

So sweet!
It's perfect!

amylyelry said...

Chill bumps, Angie! Love your sweet girl's name:)

lauravandiford said...

I love it! I love taking family names and making them your own! I know Alaina Lee will be the sweetest baby girl ever!