Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

Since our house in now up for sale, we debated on whether or not to put up our Christmas tree this year. We know how important it is to keep things depersonalized and spacious when potential home buyers come to view your home. As bad as we want to hurry up and sell our house, this IS my baby's first Christmas. I know I would regret it if I couldn't get a picture of my boy under his Christmas tree!!!
Garrett decided he would grab a quick nap while daddy did the hard part.
(moms-to-be, don't spoil your baby like I do and hold him while he naps...you'll never get anything done...aww, but how could I put this angel down??)
What's better than a pre-lit tree?? Nothing, that's what!
Garrett was such a big help. He insisted on placing the star on top.
He was so thoughtful and meticulous about where each ornament should go.
"No Mama, that one needs to be higher"
My Mama has a picture of me in this very same pose playing with this very same ornament 27 years ago :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Well Garrett definately can say he helped decorate the tree this year! It will feel so much more like Christmas with the tree up. Aside from that, everytime I look at Garrett now I wonder how much our baby will favor him, but I guess we will have to wait until June to find out!

Anonymous said...

Awww I'm so glad yall decorated! I hope the house sells quickly so you can bring your little tails on back to eastern NC! By the way, you hold that baby as long as he'll let you. I didn't get to cuddle w/ mine past 3 months- he's Mr Independent I tell ya!

bopeep said...

Your tree is beautiful, you will always be happy you put it up.
Hurry on back this way !!!!
Bo