Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yard Work

We had some pretty weather last week and decided to take advantage and spruce up the yard a little. Garrett enjoyed being outside even though he was in so much pain from teething.
"Mommy, I don't feel like smiling, okay?"
Justin showed Garrett how to lay mulch around the trees.
I put the camera down long enough to help rake up a few leaves.
(Justin, could you have stood any further away to take this picture??)
See this tree? I've always loved this tree because it's so pretty in the Summer and Fall. The leaves are always so vibrant and colorful. Justin, on the other hand, has always hated this tree. The previous owners planted it in the worst, most random place in the yard. Justin has threatened to cut it down so many times in the past 4 and a half years that we've lived here. I've always pleaded and begged for him not to cut it down. It feels like a sin to cut down a perfectly good tree! Well, I couldn't convince him to let the tree live any longer...his mind was made up.
Garrett watched as his daddy sawed the little tree down.
Then he yelled "TIMBER!!" as it fell to the ground.
Justin chopped the stump up to remove any evidence that a tree ever lived there.Then Garrett raked over it to smooth things out. Good job, Garrett! I don't know what we would do without you, buddy!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Man I need yall to come over and do my yard, it is terrible! My palm tree is going through its yearly death and I need new mulch! I hope that was an electric saw he was using. If not OOCH! That picture was funny with big G holding the rake ahha :)

Anonymous said...

I loved your narration! Have you had any bites on the house?