Thursday, October 1, 2009

Visiting Carrollton, GA

Justin was scheduled to work at our old office in Carrollton this past Monday. I thought it would be fun to visit our old town (and Hobby Lobby) so Garrett and I joined him. EIGHT HOURS IS A LONG DRIVE TO MAKE WITH AN ACTIVE 14-MONTH-OLD! We took our time getting there for Garrett's sake. We were all relieved to finally check into our hotel and get in the bed. I figured since we had a king size bed we could all sleep together so I didn't bother setting up Garrett's pack-n-play. After thirty minutes of getting kicked in the face, ribs, and head, we were regretting that decision. I was so excited to see my old coworkers and friends! Dr. Brundrett treated us all to lunch at the Irish Pub, one of our favorite restaurants. I always have such a good time with them.
Before we left, I just had to drive by our old house. I teared right up as soon as I saw it. It seemed weird not to be able to pull into that driveway and go inside.
We had planned on leaving bright and early Tuesday morning to head back home but Justin ended up working on Tuesday so we got a late start on our 500 mile drive back to Hampstead. On top of that, Garrett picked up a virus so he had a fever and didn't feel good AT ALL. I think we've finally decided Garrett isn't cut out for these long road trips.
Over all, we had a great time and I'm glad we had the opportunity to visit our old home and a few of our favorite places.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

I bet it seemed sooooo weird not being able to go into your old house!! I know that is the strangest feeling!I feel that way every time I ride by my first house! Didn't you want to just go inside and see how different it looked? I hate it that G got so sick! You are braver than me. I cringe when we have to be in the car with Hayden for the ride to Kinston! HAHA Anyways, hopefully we can hang out sometime this weekend!! I miss you guys!