Monday, July 27, 2009

Bye-Bye Bottles

This past Friday I prepared Garrett his last bottle of formula. As much aggravation as all that measuring and mixing can be, I was a little sad about this stage ending.
I tried offering Garrett whole milk in his bottle but he didn't seem to like it. His formula was always at room temperature and the whole milk is just so cold. I think the difference was throwing him off. So, I offered it to him in a sippy cup instead. He gulped it right down. No more bottles?!?! I wasn't prepared for this! I look at all those bottles in my cabinet and I just can't bare to get rid of them. Over night my tiny baby has turned into such a big boy!
Something tells me weaning him from a pacifier is going to be a whole different story.
"Go ahead, mama, just try and take one of these out of my hand. You'll be drawing back a nub."

5 comments:

Ashley Sutton said...

He is growing up so fast. Just wait until you start potting training then it gets worse.

bopeep said...

I was always a little sad at the end of each stage of growing up too. It doesn't change a lot with age either...you can be happy for them and a little sad too. He is really growing up sooooo fast.
Prayers, Bo

Jamie said...

Those pictures with multiple pacis are hilarious hahahah! I just love that little boy!

Anonymous said...

HAHA... so funny! It is a little bittersweet when they reach milestones, but don't think about getting rid of those bottles- you'll need them for the next baby!!!

lauravandiford said...

I can't stop laughing! I doubt you get the pacies ay time soon!