Monday, July 6, 2009

Dinner With Friends

This past Father's Day weekend, Justin and I invited some of our friends over for dinner. This was the first time most of them had seen our new home. I planned the dinner to celebrate and honor all the fathers. Justin, unfortunately, was going to be out of town on Father's Day so we celebrated this day instead.
This is Corey, Jamie, and baby Hayden. Corey is such a good daddy. I love watching him stress and worry over Hayden. He loves his girls so much and it's obvious he only wants the best for them both.
This is Cliff, Heather, and little Reagan. Cliff is a good daddy too. I know he feels lucky to be surrounded by beautiful women all day. Seriously, Heather is just as skinny now as she was before she had Reagan. Don't tell her but she kinda makes me sick over it. Garrett and Reagan don't know it yet but they love each other and will probably get married one day :) Well, if the whole falling in love and marriage thing never happens, I am sure they will at least be good friends.
This is Mrs. Justin Howell. I could kick myself for not getting her new hubby in the photo. Garrett loved Courtney instantly. She's a teacher and it's very obvious that children are drawn to her.
Okay...I know this photo kinda comes out of nowhere but I promise I have a reason for posting it. Try to pull your attention away from the swollen preggy lady and focus on the drapes hanging by the window in the background.
(I know it's difficult because those bellies are mesmerizing.)
Anyway, I loved these curtains because they match all my living room decor but I wasn't able to use them in the new house. So....
Justin made me cornices for my windows and I used the old curtain fabric to cover them. I was also able to make two throw pillows for my couch...all thanks to my new sewing machine.
Cliff, sorry I posted this picture of you with your mouth half open. You were joking on my lack of Internet access so I figure we are even now, ok?
Now, where were we? Oh yeah, do you see these girls? They washed all the dishes for me after dinner. I just love 'em.
After a great evening with our friends, Reagan decided it was time to call it a night. This picture is my favorite. Hayden is drunk on milk, Garrett is confused and a little scared, and Reagan has had enough visiting for one day.

It was a wonderful evening and I look forward to doing it again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.... you guys are all SO cute! Whenever we're in Wilmington, I'll have to call you up so I can see this beautiful house in person. Garrett gets cuter by the day- little future heartbreaker! Props to you for all that sewing action! Lil' Miss Crafty One!

Jamie said...

OMG! Angie this is the funniest blog ever! Me and Heather are so cracked up right now!!! Too bad my face still looks like I am 8 months preggers with my next child! GROSS!

lauravandiford said...

Hahaha.I love reading your blog. I especially love the last picture! Your home is beautiful! I love the cornice boards. You are getting good with that sewing machine!