Monday, July 20, 2009

Garrett's 1st Birthday Party

Justin and I wanted to do something different for Garrett's 1st birthday and since we now live near the coast, we thought it would be nice to have a big fish fry. Justin and I got up early the day of the party to purchase some fresh shrimp in Topsail. We bought 10 pounds of shrimp...that, my friend, is A LOT of shrimp. Especially when you have to de-head it, peel it, and de-vein it...all the day of the party. Whew!

There was only one man I knew who was experienced enough to cook this much seafood for this many people...my daddy. He's the fish fryer master. My precious brother-in-law was there to lend a hand also. Thanks TJ!

Mindy came over the night before to help me decorate the garage for the party.

She also made Garrett's birthday cake. She is hands down the most creative person I know. I am so lucky to have her at my disposal. I love you, Min!

Seriously, how cute was this cake?!?!

The Birthday boy was center of attention.

All of our parents and siblings were there minus my brother, TJ.

When we sat down to eat, I teared up looking around at that table filled with the people we love most in this world.

All Garrett wanted to do was open presents.It was like Christmas! That boy racked up!This expression is priceless."Hmmm, I think we'll watch this movie tonight."Then it was time for the birthday cake.First he just patted it a little.Then he took a taste.
"Oh yeah, this is good."

As expected, it was everywhere. There was plenty packed up into his nostrils also.The party was a success and the birthday boy was happy. It was wonderful getting all the family together. Now that it's over, I plan on doing absolutely nothing for the next few months. I'm exhausted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy did an incredible job with that cake. It was gorgeous. Glad she's in Greenville :) I'm so glad the party was a hit! If some of those toys are a little old for G, put them in the attic and give them to him for Christmas. That's what we did- saved us LOTS of moo-lah! Happy Birthday, Garrett!

Jamie said...

Best Birthday party I've ever been too!