Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Newest Family Member

On June 2nd, Corey and Jamie welcomed their new baby into the world, Hayden Reese Harrison. She is a miniature Jamie and as sweet as can be. Garrett didn't know what to think of her at first but I think she's starting to grow on him. He mostly just stares and points at her.
I can't believe my big boy was ever this tiny. Garrett seems so big to me now compared to Hayden. His hands and feet look HUGE next to her small delicate fingers and toes.Justin was out of town when Hayden was born and didn't get to meet her until the following weekend. It was so sweet to see him holding such a tiny baby again. Sweet little babies like Hayden have strange powers over me. They make me think crazy thoughts like how I'd like to throw up for nine months straight and survive on two hours of sleep again.

Someone get me out of this trance I'm under!Take a good look at those Harrison brothers. It was just yesterday they were wearing their Wolf pack and Tar heel jerseys, shooting some b-ball, and trading ball cards. Now they think in ounces, talk in sweet high voices, and wipe stinky butts. Aww! I love it.
I love having Jamie and Hayden close by so we can visit and take the babies out together. Garrett and Hayden entertain each other in the back seat by playing "I Spy" and screaming "Are we there yet?!" over and over.
This was Hayden's first dine-in experience. As you can tell, it was a very memorable moment for both Garrett and Hayden. He seems thrilled to be there.Garrett loves accompanying us girls wherever we go. He keeps us out of trouble and steals Hayden's paci when we aren't looking. He's always a big help when we go over to see Hayden. He never breaks things or pulls stuff out of Jamie's cabinets. No way.
I am sure as they grow older Garrett and Hayden will be best buddies. Garrett is such a handful at times and I can only imagine what kind of trouble he will be getting into with his little sidekick Hayden.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww I love those pictures!!! Especially the one with the men and our babies and the last one with our precious babies sleeping:))))

Heather said...

They are both adorable! I know ya'll are loving living so close to each other! They will love to play with each other when they get older.